Netflix is not the only video streaming service around but we sure think it’s the best! And we aren’t the only folks who think so. At Sandvine they collect data about internet usage (simply put) and they agree with us (or we agree with them?) about Netflix’ dominance: “In North America, the dominance of Real-Time Entertainment on fixed networks is due in large part to the continued market leadership of Netflix.”
We’ve complied a list to justify our deep-rooted love for this awesome entertainment service. See if you agree…
20 Reasons Netflix Dominates
1. You CANNOT beat the price! For endless hours of on-demand entertainment for less than $15/month! How much is your cable television bill?
4. Speaking of that… Your show is always available. You won’t miss an episode because you have to drive your son to soccer on Thursday nights. On Netflix your show is always waiting for you instead. How liberating!
7. No commercials. I.Seriously.Hate.Commercials! So this is a big draw for anyone who doesn’t need to see another buy-this or buy-that advertisement.
8. There are tonnes of ways to watch Netflix: SmartTV, PS3, Blu-Ray Player, Wii, Cell Phone, iPad, PC, Macbook, and Google TV). + It’s portable and can go with you or even outdoors so you can tan your legs while watching your favorite show!
9. So Many Choices – Seriously, if you can’t find a tv show you LOVE or a series of movies to enjoy something is wrong with you. The Netflix catalog is so big; there is something for everyone!
10. Netflix allows simultaneous logins – so different people can watch different things in different rooms; all with ONE login. What?!?!
11. Unedited content. Unlike watching a movie on TV there is no censorship. There are no bleebs on profanity nor cut scenes to make time for the dreaded commercials. Watch the movie the way it was intended to be watched!
12. Marvel – The popularity of Marvel has officially bled into Netflix. Therefore, it has become the best go-to for anything Marvel. If you’re a fan then you care about this one.
13. Netflix technology learns what you like, adapts to your tastes, and suggests other things you might enjoy. As a result, you spend less time finding something to watch and more time watching great shows!
16. Netflix has your back. If the phone rings or just gotta go you can literally come back and pick up right where you left off whenever, wherever. That’s solid!
17. Try before you buy! Everyone likes to get things for free. You can try it out for a month before you pay. Hence, there’s nothing to lose.
18. Pay less for more – kind of already covered this in #1 – but the difference here is with cable you are paying more for programs you don’t watch. If the average user watches 93 minutes of content per day on Netflix (as they did 2015). The cost break-down is pretty cheap:
At $10 per month, that’s $0.21 per hour
At $12 per month, that’s $0.25 per hour
At $14 per month, that’s $0.29 per hour
19. You can’t #NetflixAndChill without Netflix! Wink wink