How do I change my NightShift Wi-FI password/passcode from the default?
If you feel you need to set a unique password for your NightShift Wi-Fi (maybe because you have neighbors near-by who could guess the password), take these steps to change the password.
- For hardware kits you purchased from us or one of our authorized dealers:
- In any browser (such as Chrome or Firefox), please type this in the address bar and hit enter: router.asus.com (If this doesn’t work for you, please try http://192.168.50.1 for ASUS AC51U or http://192.168.37.1 for router model ASUS N56U)
- Enter Username: admin Enter Password: nightshift
- On the top right corner there are two tabs: 2.5Ghz and a 5Ghz tab
- Change security key (Password) on *BOTH* tabs.
- If you lose Wi-Fi, reconnect but you may need to tell your device to forget the nightshift wifi network so it will prompt for the new password you just set.